Edmonton is a vibrant and family-friendly city that offers a wide range of neighbourhoods to choose from. Whether you’re relocating to the city or just looking for a new place to call home, finding the right neighbourhood for your family is crucial. To help you with your decision, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 Edmonton neighbourhoods that are perfect for families.
- Terwillegar Towne: Located in Southwest Edmonton, Terwillegar Towne is known for its family-oriented atmosphere. It boasts excellent schools, numerous parks, and a variety of amenities, making it a top choice for families.
- Windermere: Windermere is a modern and upscale neighborhood in the city’s southwest. It offers beautiful parks, great shopping options, and some of the best schools in Edmonton.
- Garneau: If you prefer an urban lifestyle, Garneau is an excellent choice. This historic neighborhood is close to the University of Alberta and offers a vibrant arts and culture scene.
- Rutherford: Another family-friendly gem in Southwest Edmonton, Rutherford features spacious homes, well-regarded schools, and easy access to shopping and entertainment.
- Riverbend: Situated along the North Saskatchewan River, Riverbend is known for its scenic beauty and family-oriented amenities. The neighborhood also features several excellent schools.
- Lendrum Place: Located in the city’s southwest, Lendrum Place is a mature and well-established community with great schools and easy access to parks and shopping.
- Belgravia: This charming neighborhood is close to the University of Alberta and offers a mix of historic and modern homes. It’s perfect for families seeking an academic environment and a strong sense of community.
- McConachie: Located in the northeast, McConachie offers a variety of housing options at different price points. Families here enjoy access to parks, schools, and shopping centers.
- Twin Brooks: Situated near the Blackmud Creek Ravine, Twin Brooks is an ideal neighborhood for nature-loving families. It offers extensive walking trails and excellent schools.
- Beaumont: While technically a separate city, Beaumont is a short drive from Edmonton and provides a peaceful, family-friendly environment with numerous parks and schools.
Before making your decision, it’s essential to consider your family’s specific needs and priorities. Factors such as school quality, proximity to work, access to amenities, and overall community atmosphere should play a significant role in your choice. Edmonton’s diverse neighbourhoods ensure that there’s a perfect fit for every family, so take your time exploring the options and finding the one that suits you best.
Whether you prefer a quiet suburban setting or an urban environment with all the amenities, there’s a neighbourhood in Edmonton that’s perfect for your family’s needs.